BPW EUROPE PRESENTS:
TOGETHER FOR A GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE WORLD
BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN IN EUROPE – TOGETHER FOR A GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE WORLD
The world we live in, is in constant change. At an ever-increasing pace, we need to keep up with
technological innovations, replace outdated norms with sustainable ways of thinking, while coping
with an increasing flood of information. So how to make good choices in this world under these
conditions? How to care for ourselves and for the surrounding environment? How to not lose
ground? How to create change in society’s values? How to create and support green business?
At first glance, the ambition of a green and sustainable world does not quite seem to fit as
subject-matter for a women’ career network. At the same time, it is a matter that concerns
everyone in this world.
Obviously we women can only make a difference and shape a green and sustainable world, if we
take action. Only that way we can shape the future world with female context. If we want women
to lead sustainably tomorrow, we need women that are aware of the problems of Mother Earth
today. Knowledge about this will decide who will be a future leader and who not.
Our goal is to mold and shape sustainability from a women’ perspective.
That‘s why we are starting here and now with:
THE EUROPEAN BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN INITIATIVE
„TOGETHER FOR A GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE WORLD“
Green and Sustainable BPW EUROPE invites all interested parties to build awareness for this topic and to actively participate in the new movement “Together For A Green and Sustainable World”.
In this European-wide movement, Green and sustainable BPW Europe acts as an umbrella
organisation of the national BPW Clubs and provides a platform for regional clubs to create
awareness, share knowledge and develop sustainable solutions together for a sustainable green
world in political, economic and civil life. We therefore organize lectures, events, workshops, even
company visits in the sectors:
– Sustainability in Politics
– Sustainable Economy & Industries
– Sustainable Awareness & Lifestyle
On April 22, the world celebrates Earth Day. Since 1970, this has been the occasion for raising environmental awareness and bringing attention to concerns related to the wellbeing of our planet. Observed annually, one month after the spring equinox, Earth day marks the anniversary of modern environmental consciousness and dedicated care for the planet.
- A woman who participates will take a photo or video of herself ‘holding the world’ in her hand, as if keeping it safe. This visual can be achieved by drawing the shape of the planet on one’s palm, holding a globe or a ball with earth-inspired graphics on it, printing off an image of the globe as provided in the present communication kit, or editing the planet into your photo digitally.
- We also highly encourage video submissions of a few seconds with a similar visual (holding the globe, printed image, or showing the drawn-on shape to the camera), accompanied by a spoken pledge. Please find examples of the intended photos and videos in the kit.
The Pledge to Mother Earth on the Earth Day
Instructions: How to make a pledge