BPW EUROPE PRESENTS:
TOGETHER FOR A GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE WORLD
BPW seeks to promote the message of sustainability and encourage individual responsibility and action in women. This Earth Day we invited women leaders and women everywhere to join us in making pledges of sustainability for the year ahead already second time. Big changes start with small, consistent steps – the pledge can be anything from deciding to renounce plastic bags, create a bee-friendly balcony, change dietary habits, or consume music in a more sustainable fashion. Big or small, personal or professional, it is important that the pledge is something one intends to follow throughout the year. The world we live in, is in constant change. At an ever-increasing pace, we need to keep up with technological innovations, replace outdated norms with sustainable ways of thinking, while coping with an increasing flood of information. So how to make good choices in this world under these conditions? How to care for ourselves and for the surrounding environment? How to not lose ground? How to create change in society’s values? How to create and support green business?
If we want women to lead sustainably tomorrow, we need women that are aware of the problems of Mother Earth
today. Our goal is to mold and shape sustainability from a women’ perspective. That‘s why we are starting here and now with:
THE EUROPEAN BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN INITIATIVE „TOGETHER FOR A GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE WORLD“
Green and Sustainable BPW EUROPE invites all interested parties to build awareness for this topic and to actively participate in the new movement “Together For A Green and Sustainable World”.
In this European-wide movement, Green and sustainable BPW Europe acts as an umbrella organisation of the national BPW Clubs and provides a platform for regional clubs to create awareness, share knowledge and develop sustainable solutions together for a sustainable green world in political, economic and civil life. We therefore organize lectures, events, workshops, even company visits in the sectors:
– Sustainability in Politics
– Sustainable Economy & Industries
– Sustainable Awareness & Lifestyle
NEWS 2022: EARTH DAY EVENTS
- April 22: celebration of Earth Day at Laulasmaa’s Arvo Pärt Centre, an architecturally fascinating research
hub and concert hall dedicated to the renowned Estonian composer. Our Earth Day celebration featured musical
performances, dance and storytelling, inspired by nature and sustainable creation. Women from all over the world will give
planet-friendly pledges for the year to come.
- April 23: a full-day Conference programme, packed with inspiration, information and interesting new
contacts. The talks and panel discussions cover topics such as entrepreneurial innovation, scientists’ take on green
entrepreneurship and advice for identifying eco-friendly resources and processes for new businesses, lessons from seasoned
entrepreneurs who have gone “green”, and a panel on sustainable fashion and lifestyle businesses – how to cultivate ecofriendly demand, and how to meet it. The conference day is complete with speed-friending opportunities and vegan food.
More information to the agenda and overall program can be found here: https://www.bpw-europe.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Entrepreneurship-Conference-We-Make-Green-Happen-Invitation.pdf
Our recording from Earth Day event in Arvo Pärt Center – last 20 minutes you can hear our Earth Song in Estonian, English, Ukrainian and Finnish: https://fb.me/e/1DzbyqV9M
EARTH DAY CAMPAIGN
On April 22, the world celebrates Earth Day. Since 1970, this has been the occasion for raising environmental awareness and bringing attention to concerns related to the wellbeing of our planet. Observed annually, one month after the spring equinox, Earth day marks the anniversary of modern environmental consciousness and dedicated care for the planet.
Instructions: How to make a pledge
- Decide on the promise you wish to make – a sustainable lasting change you can bring to your everyday life, big or small.
- Create the visual of you holding a globe. To achieve this, you can (1) pick up a globe or a ball with globe-like graphics; (2) draw a rough shape of the Earth on your palm; (3) print off an image of the globe and cut it to fit in your palm; or (4) find an image of the Earth online and edit it digitally into your photo.
- Take a photo of yourself, holding the Earth up in one hand (or showing the palm of your hand into the camera).
- Post the photo on your social media of choice (Facebook, Instagram), using one or all of the campaign’s hashtags #HoldingTheEarth, #WomenForMotherEarth, #EarthDayPledge, #GreenBPW. Add a pledge to your photo as a caption. You could begin with “Holding the Earth by…” or simply “I promise to…”
- Alternatively, you can take a short video with a similar visual – you holding the Earth – and give a spoken pledge. Don’t forget the hashtags!
- Keep your promise to Mother Earth and keep an eye out for exciting follow-ups in the course of the year! You are now part of the green wave of sustainable female leadership and action. Thank you for holding the Earth!