BPW Europe blog
Here you find actual information about BPW activities.
New Initiatives for Young BPW
1. Young women on BPW Boards
How do you learn how a board functions and how to behave in a board meeting? The best way is “learning by doing” in BPW.
All clubs and federation are encouraged to take one young BPW member on their boards.
This would be a win-win situation for the young women and for the board. Young women can learn how it is to work on a board, gain experiences in larger meetings, take responsibility for certain areas and gain self-confidence as a board member. This experience can be transferred to her professional career.
For the board on the other hand, they get additional skills as most young women bring new skill, e. g. they are familiar with internet, websites and social media. This is an area where we always can improve our promotion for BPW.
Therefore we ask all clubs and federations to look for young women whom they can take on board as this is an opportunity to train young women for future board positions.
2. 10 Tips for young women
In order to gain more Young BPW members we created 10 tips for young women:
How to accomplish your goals
- a student?
- just starting or early in your career?
- wanting to develop into a leader in your chosen career?
- wishing to create or develop your own business?
- looking for the right balance between your professional and personal lives?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to two or more of these questions and are a woman
under the age of 35 then ...
... why not consider joining Business and Professional Women (BPW), a community of 30,000 members across 96 countries in the world?
BPW can help you!
10 Tips to achieve your goals
Through BPW you can:
- Meet and engage with role models and inspiring leaders.
- Expand your network of personal and professional contacts.
- Get help in planning your future and how best to carry out your plan.
- Try out new things and develop you skills through learning by doing.
- Join in many events and seminars at local, national and international level.
- Obtain training and mentoring in professional and business matters.
- Get together with other women just like you to meet and have fun.
- Gain and increase your self- confidence.
- Become more and more successful in your chosen career or business.
- Make a real difference to your life.
3. Young BPW Europe Symposium 18 - 20 October 2013 in Lille, France
We will organize the first symposium for Young BPW from all over Europe. The topic will be:
Act on your future - in a professional and business world.
You find more information under events.