BPW Europe blog
Here you find actual information about BPW activities.
The first Young BPW Symposium was a great success for all the participants and for us as the organizers.
Have a look at the video:
And here are some testimonials from Participants:
- I got the power and inspiration to continue my BPW work. I needed that very much. Thank you!
- Each time I participate to the events, it gives me so much empowerment and energy to continue BPW work. I got new tips, really good ones and met wonderful women. Thank you!
- I caught the real aim of BPW. And I’ll take it in my small club in Italy. We’re acting on the future.
- It was a fantastic experience and I will bring in Italy to my club the spirit and the vision of International BPW. I will try to give power to Young Women for the future, because they must combine in only one person 3 aspects: job, family and the activities of the Association. Thank you so much, perfect organisation!
- And here we are…boosted once more after wonderful Symposium.
- I am overwhelmed with energy and new ideas. I’ll bring them all to Ukraine and get to know you how the things are. I am sure this event is a great push for us to go forward.
- Seules nous sommes invisibles, ensemble nous sommes invincibles.
- Bring lobby missions on EPD to our 40 club presidents of BPW Switzerland next week.
- Pouvoir se rencontrer de tous ces pays différents, c’est formidable.
- Echanger et apprendre au cours de rencontres comme toujours « énergisantes » !
- All these young women are so capable and passionate about Young BPW, I am looking forward to the next Symposium to see more of them.
It was an inspiring and motivating first Young BPW Europe Symposium in Lille under the topic: Act on your future in a professional and business world.
Members from 10 different countries came to Lille to participate in this symposium. The program started with three high level panels on the first day, including our International President Freda Miriklis and Vice-President Huguette Ablokan Dossa and Past International President Tuulikki Juusela.
In the evening at the gala dinner the Young BPW Award of BPW La Spezia was given to a Young BPW member of Germany, Mandy Hindenburg, who is the president of the club BPW Essen.
The second day was more interactive starting with workshops for elaborating a roadmap for Young BPW in Europe. Other workshops focused on personal development like the PEP Personal Development Programs and Success teams and Speed Networking. Other workshops focused on Fundraising and lobbying.
If you attended the symposium, please add your comments about the symposium.
We are looking forward to the next Young BPW Europe Symposium in 2014 in Tallinn?
1. Young women on BPW Boards
How do you learn how a board functions and how to behave in a board meeting? The best way is “learning by doing” in BPW.
All clubs and federation are encouraged to take one young BPW member on their boards.
This would be a win-win situation for the young women and for the board. Young women can learn how it is to work on a board, gain experiences in larger meetings, take responsibility for certain areas and gain self-confidence as a board member. This experience can be transferred to her professional career.
For the board on the other hand, they get additional skills as most young women bring new skill, e. g. they are familiar with internet, websites and social media. This is an area where we always can improve our promotion for BPW.
Therefore we ask all clubs and federations to look for young women whom they can take on board as this is an opportunity to train young women for future board positions.
2. 10 Tips for young women
In order to gain more Young BPW members we created 10 tips for young women:
How to accomplish your goals
- a student?
- just starting or early in your career?
- wanting to develop into a leader in your chosen career?
- wishing to create or develop your own business?
- looking for the right balance between your professional and personal lives?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to two or more of these questions and are a woman
under the age of 35 then ...
... why not consider joining Business and Professional Women (BPW), a community of 30,000 members across 96 countries in the world?
BPW can help you!
10 Tips to achieve your goals
Through BPW you can:
- Meet and engage with role models and inspiring leaders.
- Expand your network of personal and professional contacts.
- Get help in planning your future and how best to carry out your plan.
- Try out new things and develop you skills through learning by doing.
- Join in many events and seminars at local, national and international level.
- Obtain training and mentoring in professional and business matters.
- Get together with other women just like you to meet and have fun.
- Gain and increase your self- confidence.
- Become more and more successful in your chosen career or business.
- Make a real difference to your life.
3. Young BPW Europe Symposium 18 - 20 October 2013 in Lille, France
We will organize the first symposium for Young BPW from all over Europe. The topic will be:
Act on your future - in a professional and business world.
You find more information under events.